Wednesday 16 July 2014

TOUCH OF COLOR - Loreal Lipsticks

Lipsticks really add a life to your face,  every shade for every mood. Feeling romantic - add on a dash of pink , summery - put  little coral or orange-y shade or you are in a mood to be bold,  than what better shade than red. 

While applying a bold red color on your lips, you can either feel too confident or too conscious. Depends on how comfortable are you in carrying bold colors. While some people carry it with ease while others prefer to go with much sober shades. 

Recently I bought two beautiful shades from Loreal. One in the Matte Moist while other is from their  Color Riche Range.  I have a Flaming Kiss from matte moist range which I totally love and had done a detailed review on the blog earlier. 






Loreal Matte Moist Lipstick -Maple Mocha - My Verdict

Price : Rs. 899/-


Not wasting much time on what the brand claims (for detailed review, please click on the link of Flaming Kiss above), jumping straight away to the color shade. If you are looking for a muted brown shade or more of an earthy tone shade than this is the one for you. To me it looks more like a rusty brown shade.  I just love the color and hands down for the packaging and the finish.

Currently these lipsticks are ruling the beauty world and hearts of many consumers. Packaging is classy,  gorgeous shade range (there is something for every skin tone), Good Pigmentation, decent staying power, application is smooth and velvetty. The only flip side that I could point out, its little pricey for a drugstore product.

SP Rating : 4/5

Loreal Color Riche Lipstick - Silky Toffee

Price : Rs. 825/-



This is the first time ever that I happen to pick up a lipstick from the Color Riche Range. These were there since ages but never got a chance to pick them.  So lets check what the brand claim about this range.

Loreal Claims ...
Color Riche lipstick combines luxurious colour with lasting hydration for an ultra-glamorous look. The Color Riche Nudes and Crème range comprises of 4 natural shades. 

My Verdict 

I wanted to pick a shade in nude and after swatch-ing from many of the brands available,  finally ! liked this one. Packaging is classy, comes in a pale gold cover. The texture is super creamy, soft and gives a luminous finish. 

Silky Toffee - Quiet like the name, reminds me of Dairy Milk Silk :) so yummy and irresistible.  Well ! if you are looking out for a nude range than you should have a look at these lipstick. I am NC42 and this shades comes out as a gorgeous peachy-rosy nude shade on me.  I like to mix nude shades in bright lippies and see which color it turns out to be, you will be surprised that many a times it does gives an outcome of unique and appealing shade.

Glides on really well without bleeding. Good pigmentation and a decent staying power. Since this a nude shade, touch up is required after your meals. Loreal being a drugstore product ranks high in price range, that is the only think which pinches me. Brands like Maybelline, Faces Canada, Lakme are decently priced, Loreal ... are you listening??? 

SP Rating :  3.5/5




Final Verdict

I am loving both the range.  The application and finish are very different as compared to each other. Loreal Lipstick range are great to have it in your kitty and you will find yourself often reaching for them.  The only concern is that being a drugstore product,  it hurts your pocket.


Hope you guys find this post informative. Have you tried on the latest addiction of Matt Moist Range from Loreal, then share with me which are your favorite shade  among this range. Currently I own Flaming Kiss and Maple Mocha, both are stunning shades which I am totally in love with :)


You guys take care and have a lovely day ahead. Will meet again .....



4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks you so much Fiona, have you tried any shades from the above mentioned range from Loreal.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shades! I'd love to try these, they look like my kind of shade!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are warm shades... Will look pretty on you ... For sure :)

      Delete