Friday 18 July 2014

Hara Bhara Kebab

Made Hara Bhara Kebab few days back, a very good vegetarian appetizer and is liked by many. Easy to make and tastes scrumptious. 

You can do the whole process of preparing the dough of Hara Bhara Kebab a day prior and refrigerate it.  Fry it and serve hot when required. 



To me making Hara Bhara Kebab was a learning experience, why ??? will let you know as we proceed towards the method process and you will know where I faced the problem so that you don't make the same mistake. 

Lets get started. 

Ingredients 
Boiled Potato - 2 no mashed 
Spinach Leaves - 20-25 nos Blanched and squeezed all excess water and cut finely 
Fenugreek Leaves - 1 cup 
Mint Leaves - 1/2 cup
French Beans - 1/2 cup 
Capsicum - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Paneer - 1/2 cup
Green Peas - 1/2 cup half crushed 
Ginger and chilli paste - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder -  1 tsp
Corn flour - 2-3 tbsp
Oil for frying 

Method 

Take little oil in a pan, add capsicum, french beans, green peas and saute it for 2-3 minutes. Keep this aside. 

Take a bowl with boiled mashed potatoes, add cumin powder, spinach leaves, fenugreek leaves, mint leaves, Green peas (grind coarsley) cumin powder, paneer, corn flour, salt and the mixture that you just sauteed. 

Mix well and make it in to a dough. Once the dough is ready, put little oil on your palm  and start making the tikkis / kebab. 

Once all the kebabs  are ready, it's time to fry  . Here I faced little problem,  tried doing deep fry which resulted in breaking the kebabs in the oil and it was all messy.  Four of my kebabs went down the drain. :((

Next I took little corn flour in a plate and rolled all my kebabs in corn flour powder. With very little oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry it.  Boom ! all the kebabs were intact and  felt relieved. 

Serve  hot with Tomato Ketch up or Green Chutney. 

Enjoy !!! 

I did not get to click many pics of this recipe while making as there were guest at home and was really tied up. This is all I could manage to click. 

The corn flour and shallow fry advice was from my sister Mahi, who is expert in cooking. She got me saved from the embarrassment as there were guest at home and just imagine the earlier state of kebabs :)) 


Hope you guys like this recipe. Try it out and let me know your experience.

4 comments :

  1. These look sooo delicious, I feel hungry looking at the picture! Lol.

    www.ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ! Tammy :)), these are yummy you should try it out .

      Delete
  2. They look soo yummy!!! I wish I could eat it right from the screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he he .... Fiona... you are hilarious :))

      Delete