Wednesday 19 March 2014

Prawns Bhajiya

Guest Post by Dipti Kochrekar

Hello Friends,

Here I am,  yet again...... with a new and interesting recipe which I happen to try over the weekend. Its Prawn Bhajiya for the prawn lovers. It tastes yummy and easy in preparation. So let's see how to make this mouth watering recipe.






















For Marinating Prawns:
20 Medium to Large size Prawns
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
Pinch of turmeric powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
Salt as per taste
20 toothpicks







For Bhajiya Batter:

2 tablespoon Besan

½ teaspoon red chilli powder

Pinch of turmeric powder

Salt as per taste

Small amount of chopped coriander leaves






Method : 

1) De-shell, wash & drain the prawns thoroughly

2) Marinate the prawns with the ingredients given above for marinating. Put the toothpick in each prawn in such a way that the prawns are straight as in the below picture. Keep these prawns for 30 mins.  



3) Take besan in a bowl & make thick batter of it. (As shown in the above picture of the Batter Ingredients)

      4) Now take one prawns & dip it in the besan batter & shallow or deep fry it.


      

     
    Serve it with sauce or chutney. You can also have this as a starter along with your meal. I had my share
    of prawns bhajiya last weekend, when are you planning to have :)

      Hope you guys like this recipe, if yes, then try it out and do let me know how it turned out to be. 


 


2 comments :

  1. This looks so, so, so good! I'm going to attempt to make it (hopefully this weekend). If I do, I'll come back and share a picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me Chic!!! Its delicious!!! Do try it.. I am awaiting for the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete