Friday 13 June 2014

Mac Addiction - Goldmine And Melba

Whenever I spot a Mac store in near vicinity, it gives me a feeling of excitement, my heart skips a beat realizing that I am going to burn a hole in my wallet before the feeling of excitement returns :)

When you enter a Mac store, its not one product that you are attracted to, I don't know whether all the ladies out there feel the same but this is how I  feel.

Mac has some very beautiful colors in eyeshadow and this time one particular shade caught my eye, a gorgeous gold eyeshadow which would look great,  teaming up with other colors. The second product which was on my wish list for a long time was Melba blush and at the first available opportunity I purchased it.





Mac Eye Shadow - Goldmine 





Among all the eyeshadow kept on display, I found the prettiest shade in gold, a true gold color which is a must have in your stash. Goldmine is yellow tinged gold shimmer.  Neither too loud nor too sober, not too warm neither too cool,  just the perfect blend of gold.

Mac eye shadows are the best when it comes to quality, pigmentation, great color depth and staying power. Nothing compares to Mac. This particular shade would looks good on any skin tone and on any eye color.

I have used Goldmine in my Soft Black Make up Look, on the inner corner of my eyes. It would go well with other colors as well. My mind is already running which ones to team it up with.

Price : Rs. 750/- (for the refill) 

SP Rating : 5/5


Mac Blush - Melba 



I was quiet smitten with Mac Melba blush, hence decided to pick up as soon as my pocket permitted. To start with.... its a beautiful muted warm peach color with rosy hues, it gives you a natural healthy look. A little dust on the apple of your cheeks brings warmth to your whole face. Some of the blushes tends to get a bit loud and you look like a made up doll, with Melba you don't have to worry much.

I have used this Blush in my Soft Black Smokey Eye Make Up Look. 





It a stunning color and would go on most of the skin tone. As I already mentioned earlier, the product quality from Mac is undoubtedly the best, so no questions there. I agree their products are little pricey but worth the money. 

Price : Rs. 1500/-

SP Rating 4.5/5

That's all for today, hope you guys enjoyed reading this post and it was helpful. Can't wait to start my weekend with so many things lined up, on my to do list. Hopefully this weekend,  I shall try a bridal look,  so stay tuned.


Finally the much awaited rains started in Mumbai, not full fledged but in small installments :) With the rainy season just on the horizon the first thing that comes to my mind is Onion Pakoda with green chutney and garma garam chai to enjoy the mother nature or going on a long drive with classic songs playing in the car and savoring the pleasant atmosphere around you . What's your idea of enjoying the rainy season?

I will leave you to ponder upon this, will meet again soon, till then take care and Happy Weekend.





1 comment :

  1. "Melba" is a classic staple, for sure; it's so flattering on a wide range of skin tones.
    I like MAC, too; I find that, for some reason, their products can make me look dramatically different. Lol.
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete