Wednesday 25 December 2013

Bridal Make-up - Keralite Malyalee Wedding

It's very important to first know the requirement of the bride before making her ready, as in how she wants her look to be and how she wants to present herself. My bride Geetanjali had a clear and focus picture about how she wants herself to look on her big day, she immediately said i dont want anything too dramatic or smokey. I want my make-up to be simple yet graceful. Keeping her requirement i got started making her ready.

Geetanjali has lot of pigmentation, under eye dark circles (were too bad)  and chicken pox marks on her face, so the biggest task was to conceal all this before getting on with the actual bridal make-up.






Once her base was ready, we first did her hairstyle and then started on with her make-up. There were two functions. One a simple traditional wedding at the chruch, where she wore a dull off white and gold sari along with the head gear and the second one at the reception where she wore a dark Maroon gold Kanjeevaram saree. Now between both the function we had only half an hour before she could change the saree, freshen up her make up and then rush to the venue.

So i had to give her the make-up which would grace both the occasion. Keeping that in mind and both sarees i chose a rust-plum and gold combination which as per me would go on both the sarees. I only changed her lipstick shade (more brighter shade) and added more pigment in the later look to give her that extra dimension during the night time and did some touch up with blush and highlighting.

So lets see how did i manage to get this look.

Base Make-up
Kryolan DFD
Inglot concealer
Kryoln 303
Mac Prep+ Prime Skin Smoother Base Visage

Hair 
Wella Styling Spray
Upins
Bobby pins
Hair Decorative Stuff
Straightner
Tail Comb
Hair Styling Sponge

Face 
Colorbar primer
Lancome Illuminator
Mac Studio Fix Foundation
Loreal Blush in Rosewood + True Rose
Mac Give Me Sun Bronzer
Mac Fix Plus

Eyes
Mac paint pot - Painterly 
Mac Eyeshadow in Rust, Cranberry, Carefree, Handwritten and Beauty Marked 
Costal Scents Brow Highlighter shade in Cream Off white 

Konad Auto Style Brow Pencil 
Bourjois 16 hour long Eye Liner 
Loreal Million Lash Mascara 
Ardell False Lashes in Natural 
Lakme Absolute Kohl Pencil 
Faces Canada Pigment 

Lips 
Colorbar Lip Liner Nude Pink 
Maybelline Lipstick in Glamourous Red 
Maybelline Lip Gloss in Pink 
Rimmel Be Bold Lipstick 

And the final look in the first saree (dull gold and off white)..........


 










Maroon and Gold Saree Look 



The Hair Style ..... 




Drop me a comment how did find this bridal look and the hairstyle. Feedback are most welcome for me to do more better in the future.







7 comments :

  1. The makeup n hairstyle is superb....

    She is looking gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid work....just wana understand in the first pic bride fore head seems slightly dullish.tannish line is visible..is it photographic error?...but mind boggling make up..bride cum princess...cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you can observe this tannish line in the first pic only ....it might be a photographic error.

      Delete
  3. Hi..face focus is only in first pic hence we can see the tannish line ...rest pics are taken from distance hence cant make it..can u share some other pic with similar focus..than we can derive conclusion. ..but seriously lovely make up...just can u share complete pic of the bride just wana check how head gear looks on saree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!!! Lets put an end to all the speculations... So Alls from the horse's mouth now :) Iv been super flattered with the kind of compliments I received for both the functions. I particularly liked the White one... I seriously had never thought the traditional white n gold saree could ever look so pretty on me.. The best part about all of it has been that my views were kept into consideration. I'd particularly want to first share with all that I had a bad experience with my engagement makeup. it was not as per my requirement ie.it was too loud and also it looked bizzare.... But at that time around I thought I was just recuperating from Chicken pox so may be nothing much could have been done. And I was prepared for a similar look for my wedding as hectic work schedules after chicken pox didn't do me any good. Then I happened to talk to Zahira Shaikh.. I had been following. Splendid persona however it never struck me to ask her for help. And she voluntarily came forward... I knew I could trust her to do good however I kept nagging her with the fact that I want the make up to be minimal. And the end result... I just couldn't stop smiling!!!! Today iv watched my wedding cd several times but engagement.. Naaa :) Blush ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Geetanjali.... thanks a ton for such lovely words. I am glad that you liked the make-up. God bless you and have a prosperous married life.

      Delete