Thursday 23 May 2013

Clinique Pore Refining Foundation

What it claims

A virtually pore-less look today, tomorrow. Oil-free formula is so lightweight that even close up you look believably pore-less. Over time, pore-resurfacing technology helps downsize their appearance. Creates a smaller, smoother look.

Skin Types: Dry Combination, Combination Oily & Oily skin tones. 

 This liquid foundation has some nice attributes, but it won't shrink pores as claimed. The closest it comes to reducing the appearance of pores is by smoothing out your complexion and offering medium coverage. It comes in 12 different shades for different complexion. 


Well, having read the reviews on this I was really keen to try it. I have a porey skin & had high hopes for trying this product. Happen to visit a Clinique outlet at palladium to get a firsthand experience of the product.  I was shown a shade in Golden Neutral as per my skin complexion by the Clinique representative. 

To start with, the bottle that comes in is terrible, I think Clinique should just change their packaging and make it look more appealing.  Once the product was applied on my face, I found that the coverage was medium & it gave me a patchy look.  Since I was not convinced, the Clinique representative suggested that I apply the product on the overall face & give it some time while I shop around, to see how the product settles down and once I am convinced about it then only buy the product.  
















I took my time before deciding not to go for it. Later on I picked up another product from a well known brand which happens to give me a nice coverage & good base. To find out which product I picked up watch out this space for more. 

Pros:
  • Creamy, fluid texture offers medium coverage and stays put once set.
  • Matte finish ideal for normal to oily skin.
  • Flattering shades for light (but not fair) to deep skin tones.
Cons:
  • Packaging is terrible.
  • Won't actually shrink pores any more than any matte-finish foundation.
  • The amount of salicylic acid is too low to reduce large pores or breakouts (at least 1% is best, and it must be formulated in the proper pH range to work).

Final Verdict

I would not recommend this product for people who have medium to large pores. 

Clinique Pore refining foundation comes for INR 1900/-


Ratings : 5/10

No comments :

Post a Comment