Monday 11 April 2016

Wake me up ! Foundation from Rimmel London

Hello Friends !

We girls are always in search of a good foundation though the existing one that we are using might be good enough but still we look out for a change and I am no different from any other girl out there.

Rimmel Wake me up Foundation, wait ! What kind of a name is that now? Got me inquisitive and I so wanted to try this out to check for myself how much it is worth but getting my hands on this was a task. I am little finicky when it comes to foundation and like to buy once I have had patch test done.

I love Rimmel products. Decently priced and few of their products are worth a try. I can swear by it :) Rimmel counters are few around hence getting your hands on them is an efforts, but worth taking it. 

Luckily ! When I was in Dubai on my last visit, spotted this foundation there. Headed straight to the Rimmel Counter just like a little girl who spotted her favorite candy :)





What Rimmel Claims ...

Wake Up & Glow first liquid foundation that instantly reawakens skin with a healthy, radiant glow light, moisturizing texture applies smoothly and leaves skin feeling soft and comfortable all day gives an instant flawless, natural- looking finish visible anti-fatigue effect with peptides and a moisturizing complex. 

Shade : Ivory 

Qty : 30 ml 

Price : AED 59/- 



My Take on Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation ! is a liquid foundation, has a soft texture which gets absorbed well and blends easily without being patchy. Comes in five different shades which are not meant for fairer skin tone.  This foundation has fine glitter in it hence once applied gives a glowing effect. It moisturizes the skin as claimed and leaves your skin bright, glowing, natural and fresh. 

This foundation is not for those who have oily skin. Another draw back is most of the shades are not suitable for fairer skin tone. The one that I picked up was the brightest among all. This foundation is good for those who are dark to wheatish  complexion and has a dry to normal skin tone. It also contains SPF 15 and vitamin C. 

For some it might work wonders if you meet the above criteria and for others it might be a disaster. I have a combination skin, this foundation works great on me. My t-zone does tend to get oily after 3-4 hours but once I use my compact I am good to go without doing much of a touch up. At times I do mix it with other foundation and it gives me a desired outcome. So overall I am quiet happy with this one as it meets my requirement and suits me well but If I have to click pictures then I give a skip to this foundation and go with the other ones. 


SP Rating : 3/5 

Final Verdict 

Those who have oily acne prone skin are advised to stay away from this foundation. It might work great for those having a flawless and dry to normal skin tone.

Let me know one foundation that you can swear by ...


1 comment :

  1. it seems to good foundation. Nice review with nice swatch.

    https://itsafashionista.blogspot.in/2016/04/ootd-navratri-special-red-salwar-suit.html

    ReplyDelete